Joomla 3.8.4 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing four security vulnerabilities and including over 100 bug fixes and improvements.
What’s in Joomla 3.8.4?
Joomla 3.8.4 addresses four security vulnerabilities and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in module chromes (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in com_fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority – Core – XSS vulnerability in Uri class (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
- Low Priority – Core – SQLi vulnerability in Hathor postinstall message (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.3) More information »
Please see the documentation wiki for more information about the security patches.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Contact form loses data after submission with error #17743
- Smart Search performance improvement for common words #12450
- Performance improvement in Smart Search indexing process #17390
- Update jQuery Autocomplete to 1.4.7 #18113
- Update CodeMirror to 5.33.0 #18880
- Update srcset url conversion to handle commas and spaces #18327
- Custom Fields: Handle tag items properly #19006
- Fix filepath to PHPMailer language file #19072
- Display category title as page heading and page title when no menu item for com_content category #19195
- Respect access level in com_content #18417
- Miscellaneous PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
A huge Thank You to our volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the Joomla 3.8 release!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Joomla 3.9 and 4.0 are already in the works. If you would like to help improve them you can make a direct difference. You can find Joomla 3.9 milestone here and for Joomla 4, it’s here. Download them here.
Join the Joomla! Volunteer community and contribute your skills and time to help Joomla! grow even more.
- Become a tester – no special skills required, but able to install test releases, and follow reporting instructions
- Help us translate – for those who speak English and any other language
- Document new features – for those who can write tutorials and technical documentation
- Other areas – find one that fits your skills and interests.
Spread the Joomla Love
Has Joomla helped you do your job better, saved you money, allowed you to do more with your web site? You can help others experience the same results and find out about this great Open Source Content Management System by telling others.
Share the news!
Visit the Joomla 3.8 Landing Page to get an overview of the new features, download our a wide range of imagery available for sharing in blog posts, via social media, or in banners on your site. They can be found on the Joomla 3.8 Imagery page. And if you want to translate them, you can find the source files here.
We would love you to spread the Joomla love and get the word out to your network.
Are you a journalist, blogger or evangelist?
for interviews and other content.