Update 5 Alpha 2 improves performance, stability, and compatibility with the updated .net core 3.1 platform used in Update 5. This results in greater control of the start-up period, with 3CX now able to accelerate its response time and service greater call center service loads. This second Alpha version also fully supports E911 Emergency Service Rules by reinforcing its emergency number options with an override to the Caller ID and emergency policy names.
Please keep in mind that due to the new Apple Push Notification service (APNs), Update 5 is not compatible with any Windows version below 10 or Server 2016.
Under the hood, Alpha 2 has been re-engineered to optimize ramp-up times. Occurring usually after a reboot or network disruption, ramp-up time is the period in which the PBX must service a large number of clients waiting to connect all at once. Alpha 2 can now handle such situations and loads without breaking a sweat, and here are the numbers to prove it:
While stress-testing, in only 10 hours, Alpha 2 handled over 130K calls and sent over half a million chat messages, while handing 2500+ SIP clients (including IP phones, Web Clients and 3CX apps). To put this into perspective, within a meager 10-hour time frame, Alpha 2 managed a call center’s typical monthly service load.
Rapid Response Emergency Number Options
This second Alpha version assists emergency response units further, by providing all data needed to respond swiftly to an emergency.
- Custom Outbound Caller ID – You can now set a custom Caller ID for each of the emergency number’s defined routes. This ID represents an Emergency Location Identification Number (ELIN), that you can associate through your VoIP provider’s portal with an Emergency Response Location (ERL). In this way, the custom Caller ID provides the necessary location info for the emergency reported by the caller.
- Emergency Policy Name – The “%%EMERGENCYRULENAME%%” parameter can be added to the message template to transmit more data to help in an emergency situation. For instance, you can name an emergency number entry as “911 @ My Company – First Floor” to supply the company name and general location to recipients. Read more in the “Emergency Number Management” section of our PBX management guide.
We’ve organized a webinar for you to learn more about this feature and how it works. Sign up by clicking on the link below:
- Windows App updated to be in sync with Update 5 controls and APIs. The new app requires v16 Update 5 or later.
- Optimized Web Client Chat performance.
- Various optimizations and fixes for skill-based Queues.
How To Upgrade
Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v16 Update 5 Alpha 2” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX.
Alternatively, you can get v16 Update 5 Alpha 2 for Windows or Linux:
You can download the new 3CX Windows App here.
⚠ Important: The Alpha version should be installed only for evaluation purposes and is not recommended for production systems. This version is not covered by any support SLA.3CX is a PBX software available in Cloud Server 3CX.Contact us to find out our latest offers!